Monday, December 16, 2013

Merry Catmas

Today I am going to finally get to share a special project for my husband that I've been working on for the past couple of months. When I saw this pattern at my LNS back in the summer, I knew it was perfect for Mark.


Kitty Stocking by SamSarah Design Studio
Stitched on 20ct Weeks Dye Works Kudzu 1 over 2,
using Caron Collection Watercolours
 
 
 I did have to completely change the colors, as the original pattern called for a bright pink fabric. Not only was the original not at all masculine, but it was also not very Christmas-y. I actually don't mind non-traditional colors for Christmas decorations, but as green is my favorite color, I like having an excuse to use green every where. So I changed all of the decorative colors as well as making one of the cats a different color.

Back and lining
 
This also happened to be my first completed sewing project. My Nana (who also helped me with the Oscar Wilde pillow back in the summer) showed me the basics of the sewing machine and patiently watched while I somewhat shakily sewed this thing together. It's far from perfect, but I'm pretty pleased with it. I loved working with the sewing machine, which of course means that now I want one. Cross stitch has truly unlocked the world of needle and thread for me, and now I can't get enough.

Now I just have a couple of other Christmas projects (also super secret) to wrap up (pun intended). Then I have to get going on my projects that are due at the beginning of the year. Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment