Monday, October 28, 2013

Finally finished! (And Extra-Life)

I was quite the busy bee this weekend, as I managed to get three small completely finished. However, I can't revel them yet as I have to wait until they are sent and received, as I wouldn't want to spoil anyone's gift for them. :)

So instead I will share some information about a pretty cool thing I will be doing next weekend.

Most of you are probably still getting to know me, so you are most likely not aware that I am a giant nerd. One of the things I am nerdy about is gaming. Now, I'm not a hardcore gamer, mostly because I have other things that are bigger loves in my life (like reading and stitching). But I do really like games of just about any kind.

Thus, it makes sense that I would participate in a fundraiser where I get to play games to help others out, which is exactly what I will be doing on Saturday. Some friends and I will be getting together and gaming to our hearts' content to raise money for Extra-Life, which is a charity that raises money for the Children's Miracle Network (which is a group of children's hospitals from around the country). The basic idea is that you sign up to participate, and then try to get your friends and family to "sponsor" you (i.e. donate money). It's similar to Relay For Life or other such events, except for instead of walking miles for money, we're playing games (for a whole day!). You even get to decide which hospital you are raising money for.

Because we all live in Arkansas, we are playing for Arkansas Children's Hospital. I actually used to work at this hospital, so I can tell you from first-hand experience that it is an amazing place. The doctors and staff there do everything in their power to help children and their families, from medical care to financial assistance to easing everyday burdens so parents can focus on their kids. Without a doubt, they deserve to be supported, and I am proud to be able to help raise money for them.

Please consider donating to this great cause. 100% of proceeds will go towards helping these hospitals and the kids that they care for. Also, the donations are tax deductible. Every little bit helps, and you can donate any amount online. The link below will take you to my fundraising page, should you decide you want to help out.

Thanks!

Donate!

No comments:

Post a Comment